help:study. . . .
Generative questions originating the article
Key points to make
Key resources to draw on
Scope and tone of coverage
help talk. . . .
I have a series of analogies to offer moving from the most concrete out toward the most abstract.
- lesson plans are to eduction as disease is to medicine
- This is the most concrete. Once employed by particular school districts, a teacher is handed lesson plans. Once diagnosed with a disease, the doctor prescribes medicine. Do what you are told, passively.
- action research is to education as disease is to medicine
- Especially with today's information technologies, the patient, once diagnosed has a plethora of resources to become informed while from medicine's/a drug company's perspective, finding and/or improving on medicines ensues.
- professionalism is to education as disease is to medicine
- Medicine is prescribed by the doctor; education is prescribed by the teacher.
- epidemiology is to education as disease is to medicine
- Toward the more abstract, disease is a grand scale enterprise and at this point the broader notion of it requires exposition. Thus education. This completes the cycle/circle as will StudyPlace with its "academic study of education". In the end, it is about a science/discipline using itself to study itself. Patnicholson 18:12, 17 November 2006 (EST)