Ongoing development of the StudyPlace framework:
- Improve the look and feel of the site. Keep new content and suggestions for participation flowing through the top level.
- Develop the navigational resources to promote productive use by contributors and visitors. Monitor how well one can find new additions.
- Recruit and consult with a group of StudyPlace Critics to gather feedback on the StudyPlace headings of peer production and the implementation of working features.
- Organize and publicize means of content development.
- Course activities
- Track and facilitate the expansion of the user community.
- Implement means for continuous, seamless feedback.
Tough Choices Symposium
First StudyPlace Sprint: Should all students of education pursue some studies in common?
Initial critiquing of StudyPlace to be made at the Columbia University Seminar on Innovations in Education
- Gardner Dunnan, Columbia University
- Ron Gross, Independent Scholar
- Chris Higgins, University of Illinois
- Peter Kaufmann, CCNMTL, Columbia University
- Frank Moretti, Teachers College
- Pat Nicholson, New York City
- Jinx Roosevelt, New York City
- Herve Varenne, Teachers College
Follow-up convening a meeting of “friends of StudyPlace” as a board of advisors and proselytizers
Publicize StudyPlace on key listserves
Fall 2007/Spring 2008
Present StudyPlace idea, inviting participation by students and faculty, at key professional meetings:
- Philosophy of Education Society
- Philosophy of Education Society (UK)
- History of Education Society
- History of Education Society (UK)
- Politics of Education Association @ APSA
- Council on Anthropology and Education @ AAA
- Sociology of Education @ ASA
- Comparative and International Education Society
- Comparative Education Society in Europe
- National Academy of Education (October 2007)
- American Educational Studies Association
- American Educational Research Association
- International Communication Association