Books are available at Book Culture, 112th street between Amsterdam and Broadway. They are also on reserve in the Journalism Library, room 204 on the entry level. All of the articles are available through the Columbia Libraries website.
We will read substantial parts of the following books.
- Benkler, Yochai. 2006. The Wealth of Networks: How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Castells, Manuel. 2000. The Rise of the Network Society. 2nd ed. Oxford: Blackwell.
- Dewey, John. 1991. The Public and Its Problems. Athens, Ohio: Swallow Press/Ohio University Press.
- Lippmann, Walter. 1993. The Phantom Public. New Brunswick, N.J., U.S.A: Transaction Publishers.
- Lessig, Lawrence. 2006. Code: And Other Laws of Cyberspace, Version 2.0. New York: Basic Books.
- Turow, Joseph and Lokman Tsui, eds. 2008. The Hyperlinked Society: Questioning Connections in the Digital Age. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press.